How to Get Rid of Upper Lip Hair Forever
How to Get Rid of Upper Lip Hair without it Growing Back
Does your lip hair embarrass you? Have you tried various expensive products to get rid of your lip hair, but were unsuccessful in getting a long term cure?
It is not necessary to visit the parlor every time you need to get rid of your upper lip hair. There are certain home remedies that work wonders. Wondering what they are? Take a look!
There are endless options of upper hair removal for women, most of which are expensive and ineffective. You will be surprised to know that there are simple and inexpensive things you can do to get rid of upper lip hair.
What Causes Lip Hair Growth?
According to explorecuriosity.org, facial hair is considered undesirable or abnormal in women and is often referred to as unwanted facial hair. It is commonly due to hereditary, hormonal or ethnic factors.
There are two types of body hair
- Vellus hair is small, pale and fine hair
- Terminal hair is coarse, darker and longer
Although upper lip hair is not normally linked to any health condition, there are cases of hirsutism which may be as a result of underlying medical conditions such as congenital adrenal hyperplasia, polycystic ovary syndrome, cushing’s syndrome.
Upper lip hair growth can be very embarrassing for women. The hairs that grow above the lips may be pale or light in color while others can grow dark and thick resembling a man’s moustache. Here are other factors that can contribute to hair growth above the lips in women:
- Hormonal changes in puberty, pregnancy or menopause
- High testosterone in women
- Hirsutism is the conversion of villous hair into coarse male- like terminal hair. It is triggered by sex hormones called androgens.
- Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of vellum or terminal hair. It is an inherited condition
- Medications such as anabolic steroids and hormone therapy
How to get rid of upper lip hair without it growing back
1. Turmeric And Milk:
Turmeric powder has often been used as an ingredient in beauty products. It cleanses your skin, beautifies it and ensures that you glow all the time. Milk is also beneficial for your skin. The combination of these two can help in removing upper lip hair naturally.
- This is how you should go about it – Take one tablespoon of turmeric and milk each and mix them in a bowl.
- Once the mixture is prepared, apply it gently to your upper lip using your fingers.
- Wait till it dries, after which you can rub it off your skin.
- Wash off with cold water.
2. Turmeric And Water:
You can also substitute milk with water. Try this to see quick results –
- Take equal amounts of turmeric and water in a bowl.
- Mix them well and apply on your upper lip.
- Let it stand for half an hour.
- Once it has hardened, rub it gently and wash it off.
- Continue doing this for 4 weeks; with time you will notice that there is no new growth of your upper lip hair.
3. Egg Whites:
Egg whites are another good remedy for upper lip hair. It soothes your skin and ensures great results.
- Take one egg white and mix it with some corn flour and sugar.
- Whisk the mix until it forms a sticky paste.
- Now apply the paste on the upper lip region.
- Let it dry for around 30 minutes and peel it off.
- For best results, repeat this therapy twice in a week. Within a month, you will notice that the hair growth has considerably reduced.
4. Chana Dal Flour:
Chana dal flour is also a great ingredient that rips off unwanted hair effectively.
- Take some chana dal flour and mix it with a bit of water and turmeric.
- Blend well.
- Add a bit of fresh cream.
- Apply on your upper lip and wait for it to dry.
- Scrub it off against the direction of the hair growth.
5. Lemon, Sugar And Water:
Here is another sugar remedy that works well:
- Squeeze two lemons and collect the juice in a bowl.
- Add some water and sugar and stir well until it becomes a thin paste.
- Once the paste is ready, apply it all over the upper lip.
- Let it dry for 15 minutes and wash it off with water.
6. Choose a cream bleach for facial hair.
Cream bleach is appropriate for lightening hairs that are not completely black, just dark. It lasts for up to 2 weeks. Be sure to only choose bleach that is recommended for use on the face; since the skin here is so sensitive, you have to be extra careful to avoid irritation.
Upper Lip Hair Removal Tips
These upper hair removal tips will help you get rid of unwanted facial hair naturally without any side effects.
- Do not overdo upper lip hair removal procedures
- Begin upper lip hair removal after the age of 15
- Eat proper diet to balance hormones
- Choose one upper lip hair removal and stick to it
- If you have sensitive skin, stick to natural methods to avoid irritating your skin
- Hydrate adequately to keep your skin moisturized after hair removal
- Never remove facial hair before a date or important function- give your skin time to get off the irritation, redness and swelling. Remove upper lip hair, preferably before bedtime
- Not all hair removal products can be used on face and the upper lips.
Consult a doctor if you have increased facial hair growth accompanied with masculine features, such as voice deepening, increased muscle mass and decreased breast size.