Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Freckles – Best Freckles Removal Home Remedies
Freckles are flat, round and brown spots of different sizes that appear on the skin. According to the American Association of Dermatologists (AAD), freckles are a sign of skin damage.
What Are Freckles?
Freckles are tiny brown spots on your skin, usually the size of a tip of a needle or nail. They are seen on facial skin, arms, and shoulders mostly due to over exposure to the sun. This makes them more common among people with fair skin that is sensitive to sun damage.
Freckles Common Causes:
Some common causes of freckles are too much exposure to sunlight, genetics and hormonal imbalance. Though freckles could be present anywhere on the body, they appear mostly on areas that are often exposed to the sun’s rays.
There are cosmetic treatments to remove freckles, but they can be very expensive. You can easily get rid of them by trying several natural treatments at home.
Here are the top 12 home remedies to get rid of freckles:
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a highly effective ingredient for treating freckles as well as brown spots. Lemon juice has skin lightening properties that will nicely bleach the dark spots on your skin.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the affected skin and gently massage the area. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day.
- Another option is to use a lemon scrub. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle one-half teaspoon of sugar on it. Gently scrub your skin with it for a few minutes and then wash your skin with water. Do this once or twice a week on a regular basis.
Honey is excellent for fading freckles because it contains enzymes that help lighten skin pigmentation. Plus, being a natural humectant, it is great for moisurizing your skin.
- Mix honey and water and heat it slightly in a microwave. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to sit for a few minutes. Finally rinse the area thoroughly with warm water. Do this daily for a several weeks.
- You can also make an herbal mask by mixing a little wheat germ with warm honey. Apply this mask and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes. Rinse the area with warm water and then wash it again with cold water. Repeat two to three times a week for a couple of months.
- This is one of the most effective home remedies for freckles.
- Another option is to make a mixture of honey and yogurt, and apply it on the freckles for 30 minutes daily until you get the desired results.
Papaya juice is another effective remedy to get rid of freckles. Papaya contain papain, a kind of enzyme that can help lighten freckles.
- Apply fresh papaya juice directly on the freckles using a cotton ball and gently massage the area.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the skin with cold water.
- Do this once daily for at least for a few weeks or until you are satisfied with the results.
Onions also can be used to remove freckles and brown spots due to their sulfur content which has exfoliative property. For best results, use red onions.
- Cut one red onion into thick slices and rub the slices gently on the freckles twice daily. Continue this remedy until the freckles fade away.
- Another option is to grate one red onion, extract its juice and apply the juice on the affected skin twice a day. For best results, add one teaspoon of vinegar to the onion juice. Repeat this remedy daily for one or two weeks.
5. Castor Oil
Castor oil is another natural remedy to treat freckles at home. It will give you an even skin tone and help freckles fade away.
- Before going to bed, apply castor oil on the affected skin. The next morning, wipe it off with a soft tissue and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water. Continue this remedy daily until you get rid of the freckles. For best results, opt for pure, cold-pressed castor oil which is tasteless and odorless.
- Alternatively, you can use vitamin E oil or olive oil to reduce blemishes and freckles.
Eggplant, being rich in antioxidants, can also be used to remove freckles and make them less noticeable.
- Slice one fresh eggplant into thick pieces.
- Place the slices over the affected skin.
- Gently rub the eggplant slices in a circular motion and leave them on the skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy once daily for about a week to notice improvement in the appearance of your skin. The freckles will be lightened considerably after a few weeks.
7. Sesame Seeds
A combination of sesame seeds and turmeric will also help fade your freckles and promote Continue reading